Creating a loyal customer base is one of the most important things you can do for your business. It’s something that impacts your ability to grow, and not only survive but to thrive.
Loyal customers will, by definition, buy more from you and refer others to you. This is something that needs to be measured both internally (employee engagement and satisfaction) and externally (your customers want to be heard.)
If it is measured, it can be managed. If it is managed, it can be improved.
Here is what you need to be looking at:
- Your Strategy- This determines the loyal customers that you want to get and maintain. How clear are you here?
- Your Leadership, Management, and Operations Systems- You want to make sure that it is as easy as possible for your people to do their jobs and for customers to be able to do business with you.
When these systems are in place, it leads to ensuring that your internal customers, your people, are happy and satisfied. The more satisfied and loyal your people are, the better chance that every interaction with your clients will be a positive emotional experience.
Each point of contact or client interaction has been dubbed a “Moment of Truth.” It’s critical to your business that every “Moment” be as positive as possible. And since your people are the face of your business to your clients and prospects, you need to start with them!
This is how you create a competitive advantage!
Here are a few questions to ask of your organization:
- Do your employees feel as though they are working for a higher purpose as opposed to just doing a “job”?
- How is your strategy communicated?
- What processes are in place to allow employees to share ideas?
- What processes are in place to receive customer feedback? How are they working?
If you struggle in this area, here are a few things that you can immediately do to improve:
- Make sure that your systems and policies are employee and customer friendly.
- Take a look at everything that your people are doing and saying at every point of connection with your clients.
- Make sure your people feel valued.
If youy are not working on building a loyal customer base, you just can’t wait any longer. The long term success of your business depends on it.
If you need to jumpstart your thinking, feel free to give me a call. We’ll talk about where you are, where you want to go, and develop some action steps you can immediately take to get you there. Sometimes an objective, experienced, third party opinion can be invaluable!